Unraveling the Proteome
for the Next Era of Precision Medicine
- Bertis' core
- Pan-omics Analysis solutions optimized
for academia and pharma research
- The world’s first commercialized
proteomics-based early diagnostic solution
for breast cancer
- Breast Cancer Early Detection Blood Test 'MASTOCHECK' Expands to 7 Countries in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East
- Breast Cancer Early Detection Blood Test 'MASTOCHECKTM'Expands to 7 Countries in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East - Bertis Signs Co-promotion and Distributorship Agreement for MASTOCHECKTM with SaudiVax During the State Visit of the President of South Korea to Saudi Arabia -CEO Seung-Man Han stated, "Due to the high demand for the blood test method and the presence of a nationally led medical delivery system in the region, we are committed to establishing a stable testing delivery system." On October 30th, Bertis, a company specializing in the development of proteomics-based precision medicine technology (led by CEOs Dong-young Noh and Seung-man Han), announced that it has entered into a co-promotion and distributorship agreement for its early breast cancer detection blood test, MASTOCHECKTM, with the Saudi biotechnology firm, SaudiVax Inc., in Saudi Arabia.Through this agreement, SaudiVax will be responsible for sales and marketing of MASTOCHECK in seven countries, including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait. They will also manage the collection and delivery of blood samples for testing in medical institutions within those countries. Bertis will conduct the samples analysis and deliver the test results. Additionally, Bertis will provide necessary support for MASTOCHECK sales and marketing, including handling regulatory approvals, marketing, medical staff training, and patient information dissemination. In addition, this agreement was signed on the occasion of the state visit of the President of South Korea to Saudi Arabia from the 21st to the 24th, as well as the visit of the South Korean business delegation. Through this agreement, the two parties have agreed to simultaneously launch Bertis' developed products, including blood tests for early detection of pancreatic cancer, in seven Middle Eastern countries alongside their domestic commercialization. SaudiVax is a joint venture between a Saudi Arabian healthcare company UYC, and U.S.-based PnuVax, which supplies biologics to the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and countries within the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). Furthermore, the company is actively supporting the Saudi Vision 2030 project, a comprehensive initiative led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman aimed at economic diversification, global engagement, and enhanced quality of life. The company is dedicated to fostering the establishment of the life sciences industry within Saudi Arabia as part of this broader effort.Dr. Mazen Hassanain, co-founder and managing director of SaudiVax, stated, "Blood-based cancer screening tests are considered advanced technology that aligns with Saudi Arabia's goals in the health sector, including improving healthcare accessibility, through the Saudi Vision 2030 project. It is expected to contribute to the enhancement of public health and the development of biotechnology” he added, “We are committed to making our best efforts to facilitate the introduction of MASTOCHECK based on our supply system and expertise, ensuring that patients in need of MASTOCHECK can undergo testing smoothly."Seung-Man Han, the CEO of Bertis, stated, “Due to the gap in medical services accessibility among regions and factors related to religious and cultural differences, there is a high demand for early blood-based cancer diagnostic tests in key Middle Eastern countries. Introducing MASTOCHECK to these countries is a positive step forward.” He further mentioned, “As these countries take the lead in providing medical services, we expect the testing process to be activated rapidly from the early stages. We are going to put the best effort to establish a stable testing delivery system to ensure reliable test services for the patients.”MASTOCHECK is a blood test method that allows for convenient early screening of breast cancer. It quantitatively measures three specific protein biomarkers closely associated with breast cancer within the blood. The quantified biomarkers’ values are then analyzed using a patented proprietary algorithm to enable early detection of breast cancer. Bertis is currently developing early screening blood tests for pancreatic cancer and ovarian cancer as part of their follow-up pipeline. For pancreatic cancer early diagnostic solution, the product development has been completed including marker panels, algorithms, IVD software, and reagents. Currently the product is going through confirmatory clinical trial. Regarding ovarian cancer, the marker panel development has been completed and are planning clinical trials for algorithm enhancement.
- BERTIS Joins 2023 Pink Festival of Pink Ribbon Campaign
- BERTIS Joins 2023 Pink Festival of Pink Ribbon Campaign - In celebration of the Breast Cancer Awareness month in October, Bertis serves as a sponsor of the event to raise awareness of early detection and regular check-up of the disease. [Image] 2023 Pink Festival logo, Bertis logo Bertis, a company specializing in the development of proteomics-based precision medicine technology company (led by CEOs Dong-young Noh and Seung-man Han), announced on October 13th that it will participate in the 2023 Pink Festival at the Officers’ Quarters 5 in Yongsan on October 15th, to promote awareness of early detection and regular checkup of breast cancer. Marking its 23rd year, the Pink Festival is hosted by the Korea Breast Cancer Foundation, Korean Cancer Society, Korean Breast Cancer Society as part of the Pink Ribbon Campaign to raise awareness about a healthy lifestyle for breast health and breast cancer prevention. This year’s event will offer five fitness programs helpful for women’s health and breast health, such as Dance Fit, Piloxing, Pound Fit, Latin Fit and a 3km group run, approximately 1,000 people selected through pre-registration will participate. In celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, Bertis will sponsor the 2023 Pink Festival and operate a promotional booth at the event. Along with hosting a quiz to help the participants understand the importance of regular breast checkups for early breast cancer detection, Bertis will provide essential information for regular breast cancer screenings, including an introduction of MASTOCHECK®, a blood test solution for early breast cancer diagnosis. MASTOCHECK® is the world’s first proteomics-based blood test solution for early breast cancer detection developed by Bertis. With its effectiveness in diagnosing stage 0-2 breast cancer has been verified in Korea, leading to its approval as an in vitro diagnostic medical device by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety in 2019. As of October 2023, it is utilized by as many as 392 hospitals and health examination centers in Korea. Bertis CEO Seungman Han said, “As a company that offers a solution for early breast cancer detection and takes a leading role in promoting breast health awareness, our participation in this event is of great significance. While we concentrate on developing technologies essential for precision medicine, targeting major diseases, including breast cancer, we are committed to enhancing public awareness that the early detection and regular checkups.”
- Bertis to Present 10 Research Outcomes at HUPO 2023, Including Development of Next-generation Analysis Method for Proteomic Data
- Bertis to Present 10 Research Outcomes at HUPO 2023,Including Development of Next-generation Analysis Methodfor Proteomic Data- HUPO, one of the world's largest proteomics societies, is returning to Korea for the first time in 16 years to be held at BEXCO, Busan from September 17 to 21- Bertis joins as a major sponsor in the event which attracts over 1,000 scholars and key industry officials from 40 countries- Bertis presents 10 studies, including the development of next-generation mass spectrometry and single-cell proteomic analysis, and highlights its core technology framework, ‘ProteoID’, as well as nine essential technologiesBertis, a company specializing in the development of proteomics-based precision medicine technology (led by CEOs Dong-young Noh and Seung-man Han), announced on September 7 that it would participate in ‘2023 HUPO, Human Proteome Organization’, one of the largest international academic gatherings in the field of proteomics. The event will take place from September 17 to 21 in Busan, Korea.HUPO 2023, themed 'Together Through Proteomics,' is scheduled to be held at BEXCO in Busan. The event is expected to draw over 1,000 researchers and prominent figures from more than 40 countries. This annual event, inaugurated in France in 2002, has been held continuously, rotating through the Americas, Asia, Oceania, Europe, and Africa. It now returns to Korea after 16 years since its last appearance in Seoul in 2007During the event, Bertis will deliver presentations on 10 studies, including the development of next-generation mass spectrometry and single-cell proteomic analysis methodologies. The three main topics Bertis will cover in oral presentations are ▲ Broad Target Scanning (BTS) - a pragmatic LC-MS acquisition method for collecting population-scale real-world proteomics data ▲ Identification of Secreted Unannotated Small ORF Microproteins from Adipocytes and in Plasma to Elucidate Function of Novel Gene Product Proteins ▲ Spatial proteomic approaches for triple-negative breast cancer on single-cell resolution. In addition, the company will provide seven poster presentations on DeepMRM: Deep learning-based object detection model for proteomics data, Exploring the Human Aging Blood Proteome, and others. <Image> List of Bertis’ oral presentations to be delivered at HUPO 2023(See the overview of presentation details below)Seung-man Han, CEO of Bertis, said, “It is encouraging for the Korean proteomics industry and academia that the representative academic event in the proteomics field is held in Korea at this critical juncture when the use cases of proteomics technology are rapidly increasing across all areas of the bio industry. Bertis will also leverage the upcoming HUPO 2023 as an opportunity to introduce Korea's technologies to the global proteomics community and make its utmost efforts to contribute to substantial breakthroughs in the development of proteomics technology.Bertis plans to focus on promoting protein data analysis and interpretation capabilities, as well as know-how in technological commercialization through HUPO 2023. The company will set up a large promotional booth inside the conference hall to introduce nine core technologies related to biomarker discovery and algorithm development, diagnostic service commercialization, and advanced technology. The primary focus will be on the core technology framework ‘ProteoID(Proteome Integrated Determination)’. Furthermore, it will publicize its pipeline of multi-marker solutions for early diagnosis, including ‘MASTOCHECK®’, an early diagnosis blood test for breast cancer, and PASS (Pan-omics Analysis Service & Solution). <Image> ProteoID, Bertis’ core technology system, and nine essential technologiesThe name ProteoID is derived from the term 'proteoid roots,' which refers to the densely packed roots of plants. It implies the interactions among proteins, combinations of various disease markers, and the organic blend of proteomics technologies. Bertis is fully committed to realizing the potential of proteomics in clinical and medical contexts based on ProteoID, a technology system that encompasses all stages of utilizing proteomics technology, from protein data analysis to product and service commercialization.
- Bertis Pan-omics Analysis Solution and Systems (PASS) launched in the U.S.
- Bertis Pan-omics Analysis Solution and Systems (PASS) launched in the U.S.- Bertis, Inc.’s wholly owned US subsidiary, Bertis Bioscience, signed its first service agreement with the world-renowned Salk Institute for Biological Studies, to provide a PASS service using its CLIA lab and proteomics experts in San Diego, California.- In Korea, Bertis, Inc., already launched PASS in May 2022, offering a robust suite of analytical services including protein identifications, biomarker discovery and drug target discovery analytical services.Bertis (Co-CEOs Dong-Young Noh and Seung-Man Han), a proteomics-based precision medicine company announced the launch of PASS (Pan-omics Analysis Service) service in the United States through its wholly owned US subsidiary, Bertis Bioscience Inc.Pan-omics is the integration of complex “omics” datasets generated from the subfields of genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics to increase the understanding of pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of diseases. PASS is an insightful analysis solution leveraging Bertis’ pan-omics knowledge and know-how coupled with its proprietary bioinformatics and AI technology to deliver analytical services including the core protein identification and biomarker discovery but also drug development and clinical research processes.<Image> PASS LogoIn the US, Bertis’ wholly owned US subsidiary, Bertis Bioscience, has launched the much-anticipated PASS services after more than a year of preparation to assemble industry recognized experts in both mass spec-based proteomics as well as bioinformatics. The US PASS services will be provided at its CLIA Lab in San Diego. As part of the US PASS offerings, Bertis Bioscience will initially offer proof-of-principle studies for protein biomarker discovery using Seer’s proteograph and nanoparticle kits.On June 8, 2023, Bertis Biosciences signed its first proteomics-based analysis service agreement in the United States with the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, a San Diego-based non-profit life science research center. The Salk Institute is known for life-changing discoveries in the fields of cancer, neuroscience, aging, immunobiology, and plant biology. Six Nobel Prize winners conducted research at Salk, one of the world's leading research centers. Under this agreement, Bertis Bioscience will provide proteomic data analysis to look for novel human disease biomarkers.Han Seung-man, CEO of Bertis, said, "We are pleased with the market’s enthusiastic reception of our PASS service launched just last year. We attribute the success to the market’s recognition of Bertis’ proprietary technology and know-how in proteomics analysis and commercialization. Our technology and services have shown strong global competitiveness and receive favorable reception at various international conferences. We believe the US will provide a stage for us to showcase our expertise globally and build our PASS business by serving world-class research institutions as a start.”Amid the increasing demand for multiomics analysis data, PASS has received significant attention from industries such as biotech, pharmaceutical companies, and research institutes since its launch in Korea in May 2022. Leveraging its state-of-the-art analysis system and industry leading proteomics expertise, as of June, Bertis Inc. signed agreements for PASS with twenty companies, including national institutions, government-funded research institutes, and private companies.
- Bertis Publishes Findings on ‘DeepMRM’, a Targeted Proteomics Data Interpretation Software Package
- Bertis Publishes Findings on ‘DeepMRM’, a Targeted ProteomicsData Interpretation Software Package in International Journal-Publish findings on assessing the performance and accuracy of the self-developed ‘DeepMRM’ in ‘Cell Reports Methods’, an international journal, on July 12-According to the results of the comparative test on the performance of discovering protein candidates, DeepMRM has higher accuracy than existing software and has the lowest error percentage-Promote high-speed analysis in the clinical environment and improve reproducibility and scalability of targeted proteomics analysisOn July 12, Bertis, a company specializing in the development of proteomics-based precision medicine technology (led by CEOs Dong-young Noh and Seung-man Han), announced that it had presented its findings on assessing the performance of ‘DeepMRM’, a software package based on deep learning algorithms for object detection, in ‘Cell Reports Methods’.‘DeepMRM’ is a software package which the Bertis research team has developed by employing deep learning technology with the aim of more efficiently and accurately conducting MRM (Multiple Reaction Monitoring), a representative analysis method for discovering targeted protein candidates. With an existing community standard tool for MRM, researchers often devote substantial time to manual data interpretation, which hinders the transferability, reproducibility, and scalability of this approach. Deep MRM addresses these limitations by utilizing deep learning technology for object detection.The Bertis Machine Learning team and its U.S. subsidiary Bertis Bioscience team utilized public MRM dataset to test the performance of DeepMRM against the most widely used Skyline. The results demonstrated that DeepMRM outperformed Skyline in both correlation coefficient between quantification values and actual values of analyzed proteomes, and MAAPE (Mean Arctangent Absolute Percentage Error), which measures average error values. Even when applying the mProphet algorithm, a filter that allows skyline to make the results more refined, DeepMRM's results were more accurate.><Image: Table comparing the performances of DeepMRM and existing software>With its superior performance, DeepMRM not only reduces proteomic analysis time in clinical research, but also improves the reproducibility of analysis results, increasing the reliability of results. In addition, thanks to its high scalability, DeepMRM can analyze other types of proteins, such as PRM (ParallelReaction Monitoring) and DIA (Data-Independent Acquisition) data, in addition to MRM data.<Image: Process for analyzing targeted proteomics using DeepMRM>Jungkap Park, Director of Machine Learning team at Bertis, said, “DeepMRM is an innovative analysis tool that can dramatically increase data throughput in Bertis' major research areas - multi-biomarker diagnostic solutions and analysis services. Bertis will continue its R&D efforts towards AI-powered analytical tools to develop a unique platform which enables the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and the discovery of targeted candidates for new drugs in the future.”Seung-man Han, CEO of Bertis, said, “In our attempts to overcome the limits of proteomics data interpretation by integrating bioinformatics and AI technologies with proteomics technology, the publication of a paper on DeepMRM holds great significance. As a leader in proteomics in Asia, Bertis will spare no efforts in developing innovative technologies that can fully unlock the potential of proteomics in R&D and actual clinical applications.”Bertis is devoting itself to a project to eliminate limitations on interpreting and using proteomics data by incorporating proteomics technology accumulated over 10 years with bioinformatics and AI technologies. In particular, the company is making R&D efforts for the SAN (Spectrum is All you Need) model with a view to developing an innovative health information interpretation model which can produce health information from proteomic biometric information by automating the information processing and interpretation process.
- 게시물이 없습니다. wr_datetime desc